Maybe you suddenly feel like other people are always mumbling. Or you’re asking people to repeat themselves. Or perhaps you’re having difficulty hearing someone on the phone.
You may not think much of these signs, but many times these can be indicators and symptoms of potential hearing loss. These are some common signs of hearing loss:
- Trouble understanding words, particularly with background noise
- Muffled speech
- Constant need to turn up the volume on music, television, or radio.
- Continually asking other people to repeat themselves or speak slower/clearer
- Difficulty understanding consonants
- Inability to hear someone who is speaking behind you
- Withdrawal from regular conversations and avoidance of social settings
- Ringing or buzzing in your ear(s)
- Pain, itching or irritation in your ear(s)
Source: Mayo Clinic